Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Finding Spiritual Whitespace - A Book Review

Finding Spiritual Whitespace

Several months ago, I came across an email invitation to be part of a book launch team. The name of the book was what really caught my attention - Finding Spiritual Whitespace: awakening your soul to rest. I accepted the invitation to be part of this exclusive group and embark on this journey of rest. 


To be honest, I really wasn't sure what to expect as I opened the book. Not even past the introduction, I was struck by the vulnerability that Bonnie Gray expressed. In allowing her vulnerable moments to be penned out and shared publicly, she expressed her need for rest and gently coaxed others on this journey with her. Each story gave yet another glimpse into a soul seeking rest, followed by thought-provoking questions that opened the reader to find rest. 

The more I spent time using her experiences as a guide to rest, I identified with questions that she penned. Bonnie Gray, also known as the Faith Barista took life experiences, creating "whitespaces" and applied them to a simple, yet complex concept known as rest. 

Bonnie is not asking us to do something extraordinary; no, not at all. Rather she is prompting us to do something that even our Lord and Savior, in all His perfectness, yet fleshly body, needed to do as He walked this earth - REST! 
"And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into
a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening had come,
he was there alone." Matt 14:23 KJV
If Christ as a Supreme Being needed to rest, how much more do we as sinful creatures, saved by grace, need to step apart and find rest?

I encourage you to join us on this journey of finding spiritual whitespace, seeking rest!

21 Days of Rest: Finding Spiritual Whitespace

Reviewed by 

1 comment:

  1. Saw this book at Lifeway Bookstore today, may be picking it up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Some days it can just be ramblings, but I hope it has blessed you! "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" Ephesians 4:12. Blessings!